Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
found these please help

Posted by chubbypoptart none (shelbysheeneart@yahoo.com) on
Thu, Apr 26, 12 at 23:22

I'm always buying seeds or friends will give me some here and there. Long story short I had to dump my purse out and out come these 3 little seeds theres like an oblong white papery covering over a brown oval seed. and for the life of me I can not remember acquiring them. Can anyone tell me What kind they are just by looking at them? thanks!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: found these please help

No scale in the pics so any number of possibilities come to mind ranging from various tree seeds to flowers. Best bet is to plant them and IF they germinate, IDing the plant would be 100x easier.

Dave

o

sorry about the scale thing they are about as long as my fingernail..I'm going to plant them but just wanted to know so I could properly germinate them. Thanks

o

I would be inclined to briefly stratify them just because of the duff. They look like they may be one of the many fliers - seeds meant to spread by the wind - and most of them require some stratification.

But no guarantees, ok?

Dave

o

Thank you :)

o

Still don't know what they are but they started sprouting!

They look like little butterflies

Photobucket

a day or two later

Photobucket

o

Cool. Still no idea what it is but keep us posted.

Dave

o

They really are doing well...still no clue.

Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here