Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dragon Fruit seeds White Fuzz

Posted by CWatson89 8 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 22, 13 at 23:46

I'm not sure how to explain it or why it only happens with Dragon fruit seeds but usually after my dragon fruit seeds show signs of sprouting i see white fuzz all around the seed area and I grow them by just placing the seeds on the soil. It only happens with DF seeds and I've only seen it happen with some of my prickly pear seeds ONCE but vanished shortly after it made a full sprout. Is it the roots or some type of mold? it looks liek a extremely fine texture.as you can see it's ONLY on the seeds...

This post was edited by CWatson89 on Tue, Apr 23, 13 at 0:20

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dragon Fruit seeds White Fuzz

Link below is to the FAQ here on this issue. Cut back on watering and use a fan on the area solves the problem.

Dave

Here is a link that might be useful: Things growing on my soil FAQ

o
RE: Dragon Fruit seeds White Fuzz

I took the plastic wrap off and let the fan hit it and it went away within 20 mins.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here