Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OCOTILLO: growing from seed?

Posted by victorhugo 6 (My Page) on
Fri, May 16, 08 at 16:57

The ocotillo seed seems to be hardening on the plants now and ready to pick.

What tricks are involved in their propagation?

DO they get nicked and soaked?
How long to wait before placing in a seedbed, and what kind of soil mixture (perlite, vermiculite, etc.) to use?

PLEASE and thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OCOTILLO: growing from seed?

My experience near Phoenix several decades ago was that if you could get them just as they were ripening they would germinate almost immediately, no tricks needed. I only did germination experiments. I know nothing about the soil part of your question.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here