Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
[Survey] Curious [Survey]

Posted by Handsome54 6a (My Page) on
Thu, May 15, 14 at 21:32

This is my fourth year of propagating annuals & veggies & it has taken me this long to learn the basics........ I've been a life long gardener, but I never dabbled in propagation until I retired & had the time to pursue it...... I'm a slow study by nature & without the help of kind folks like Dave & many others, I'd still be at square one........

That said, I'm curious to know how long other GW members have been propagating & how long did it take for you to become somewhat proficient?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: [Survey] Curious [Survey]

i HAVE BEEN PROPAGATING FOR MY OWN PLEASURE ana AS A COMMERCIAL PROPAGATOR OR 50 YEARS.
my INITIAL TEACHER WAS MY GRANDFATHER & i NOW HAVE MASTER OF SCIENCE IN HORTICULTURE

o

Wow! Talk about a wealth of knowledge! I have no formal training, only hands on experience coupled with GW wisdom.......

Still don't know how my ancestors gardened without the help of the internet or never having had a soil test! LOL

o

I've been growing from seed since the mid-80's. I've started seeds under lights, in flats or cups outside, via direct sowing, and my favorite method which is winter-sowing.

One of the easiest ways is scattering seed here and there in the garden, or letting plants self-sow. Nature does the work for you that way!

After almost 30 years, I'm starting to feel a little proficient...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here