Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kawaiineko_gardener

help w/fertilizing seedlings!

Yes I've read about fertilizing seedlings, when to do so etc. I know it's old enough that it could be fertilized and it wouldn't hurt it.

It has it's cotelydons and two true leaves; the bud of the 3rd true leaf is just starting to come in (very little, not even really a leaf yet)

The fertilizer I have is also specifically designed for seedlings. You mix about 1/4 t (small seedlings....cabbage, broccoli etc.) w/1 gallon water; for large seedlings (pumpkins, cukes, melons etc.) you use 1/2 t w/1 gallon water.

The seedling is healthy, but it's not a vibrant, dark green; it's a yellow-green. Should I fertilize it? Also when I fertilize, do I then water it with pure water after fertilizing?

Or, since it's a diluted fertilizer specifically designed for seedlings, would I just use the fertilizer liquid in place of water? The pumpkin seedlings are in a 3" peat pot with a hole in the bottom for irrigation, that's why I'm asking about whether I should 'flush out' the fertilizer, or just use the fertilizer liquid in place of water.

Comments (2)