Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pondwire

Tomato Seedlings Turning Yellow, Not Growing

pondwire
16 years ago

Hello Everyone:

I've seen other posting similar to this topic that say I should kill my plants or that they will just die by themselves. I find both options unacceptable. Here's my scenario and I hope someone can help: I bought a packet of Ed Hume Oregon Spring tomato seeds and planted them in Jiffy pots on 3/30/07. Within one week, seedlings began to appear. I was happy. I had placed them in a southern facing window that does not get full sun. Maybe five hours worth. Anyway, one month passed and it seemed the growth on all plants was about 1mm. So, I decided to plant about 10 of them in my garden (which consists of a plastic planter on my full-sun porch) even though they only had a tiny second tier of leaves. That was about one week ago. Now, they look yellowish, haven't grown, and one looks like it's about to drop a leaf. What gives? For two years I've had mammoth crops, even growing them right next to a sidewalk. This year, weather's been good. Pretty sunny every day for the last two weeks. I water every day and gave them just a little tomato plant food to start. Can anyone tell me why ALL my seedlings are stunted, yellowing, and look dry even with very consistent watering? I refuse to give up on them. Thanks.

Comments (7)