Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Frost? We don't need no stinking Frost!!

Posted by Handsome54 6a (My Page) on
Sat, May 17, 14 at 22:17

Yuuup! We've tied or broken record low temps, dating back to the 1890's, the last three nights! May 5Th is our (30 year average) LFD...... Yeah, right......

Fortunately, I just happen to have a huge supply of scrap Agribon, destroyed earlier by NE Kansas winds........ LOL

A lot of local naysayers failed to cover their tender vegetation & they paid the price! Temps in the low thirties got a lot of tomatoes, melons, annual flowers..... I failed to cover my potatoes & they suffered some light frost damage.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Frost? We don't need no stinking Frost!!

• Posted by mori1 5/6 KS (My Page) on
    Sun, May 18, 14 at 16:14

I pulled my plants in and I told the Iris they were on there own. Last year we got snow the first week of May. This year two days of frost in the middle of May. It seems mother nature has some problems.

o

mori1, I'm guessing we've been dealing with some very similar weather.... ;)

I removed the Agribon today.......... Let's hope we can get on with spring now.....

My tomatoes, peppers, & melon (transplants) all look terrible even though they were covered! I've lost several sweet pepper plants in spite of my best efforts.....

Does gardening have to be this difficult?

o

• Posted by mori1 5/6 KS (My Page) on
    Tue, May 20, 14 at 12:02

I think Mother nature likes to have a little fun at our expense.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here