Vitex
Candle stick
Canna Lillies

Thank to all who help me!!!!

Christine

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I need help sowing these seeds that I received from an exchan

Here's one for you - I did a google.com search for how to grow confederate rose from seed:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5618755_grow-confederate-rose.html

Do as I did, and google each kind of seed for 'how to' instructions.

Here is a link that might be useful: Growing confederate rose from seed

o

Thanks KayJones. Sometimes I wonder if those websites are that reliable. If you recommended it then I'll check it out! :)
Christine

o

What also might be helpful is doing a search for these seeds within Garden Web. Chances are, somebody has already posted about how to grow these specific plants, and you might be able to find some more information from people who have experience with the plants.

o

Hey Christine, the canna lily seeds need to be nicked or filed to expose just a bit of the white or green inside. then you can plant them in pots, cups or the ground about an inch deep and water good the first time and then when the soil feels dry to the touch. I always put mine in a vice grip wrench and file on one spot until the black is worn away and the white or green is exposed. It only has to be a tiny spot. I hope this works out for you. Joel

o

Thanks! I have and have been keeping them in water and one has started to protrude!!!YAY!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here