Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Forgotten transplants, will they survive?

Posted by BiologyBomber 6A (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 21, 13 at 2:00

So I had a tiny explosion of cabbage moth at the start of spring and decided to hold off on my brassica planting until fall. This left me with around 40 trays of transplants with no home! I set them out next to my main prop house and there they've sat for a good two months. About a week ago I removed the soil blocks from the trays and set them on some bare ground, gave them some good food and minerals, and wished them luck. They're now very healthy SEEMING plants, however I'm very hesitant to plant them. I have plenty of room and it'd be just swell to double my fall production(The "official" fall brassicas are all on schedule), but I'm afraid they would just bolt or give me little nickel sized cauliflowers and such. It wouldn't be a huge deal, just a waste of labor and time I'd like to avoid. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Forgotten transplants, will they survive?

Go for it It will NOT be a wasteof time
Have done it this way several times.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here