Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
arthur08_gw

Trinidad Scorpion dies after transplanting

arthur08
10 years ago

I have had 2 sets of (3 each) Trininidad Scorpion peppers that I've started from seeds. They seem to be fine in the pot inside but once I put them outside in the sun they shrivel up & die (still have primary leaves). What am I doing wrong?

I have 3 more in a small pot & these popped up pretty quick. They seem to be thriving but need some suggestions on when to transplant and maybe what kind of environment should I have them in (full sun, partial, etc)? I soaked these seeds in a "Superthrive" vitamin solution overnight & they germinated within 7 days compared to the others coming up in about 2 wks.

I spray the seedlings in this Superthrive vitamin solution every other day. Should I continue this? Any suggestions would help greatly.
I am in the Central Phoenix area

This post was edited by arthur08 on Fri, Jun 7, 13 at 9:21

Comment (1)

• naturemitch
    10 years ago

Are you putting the plants straight into full sun after taking them outside?? If so, that is what killed them.

You need to harden your plants off. They need protection from sun and wind when first moved out. Then slowly moved to a bit more sun and wind each day. I take about a week to do the process.

Look up hardening off and start from there.