Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vajeff

Star Jasmine- tips & tricks?

vajeff
12 years ago

Any tips or tricks on how to get star jasmine seeds to germinate? Do these seeds require heat or cold to germinate? Do they need light? Should they be constantly moist?

I've soaked them, nicked them, used the bag method, etc. etc. etc. For some reason, mold and scum seem to adore these seeds. I'm constantly having to wash them off with fungicides and peroxide. Although I opened one of the soaked seeds to see what was going on (and it had definitely formed cotyledons inside), perhaps they just aren't viable. They were given to me and not part of the original bunch I hand picked... so maybe.

So far, I've only managed to get one to sprout. It sprouted after soaking for a few days, removing the silks (they got kind of... gross and fell off), and going in a hydroponics system so I could forget about it while it did its thing. I'm probably forgetting a few steps that I took, but I do remember having to constantly spray it down with fungicide. This is starting to become just a little frustrating.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comment (1)