Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bugbite_gw

Update: Sparkler Guara

bugbite
9 years ago

I was really high on the new seed - Sparkler Guaras. As they grew from seed to young plant I was impressed. But after blooming for about 2 months now my final conclusion is they rate about a "C". I will not replant anything that is lower then a "A-".
I have 150 Sparkler Guara plants in many ground and sun locations. I will admit that they are consistent, which is a plus. But they do not bush out like my other guaras (I have many others, all volunteers). They produce several lanky wanes (stems) at a time. The "wanes" are very long and produces one open flower at a time. Unlike others which can open 3 at a time producing a nice bloom cluster. So the flowers come and go without fanfare and a long wane is left. I tried cutting back with no improvement. Finally in a drastic measure I sheared a section down to about 12 inches. Will see how that turns out.
Again another acclaimed "winner" that is not a winner for me. Mine should have been a great yard for these guaras because volunteer guaras do so well in my yard.
Anyone else trying these?
Thanks,
Bob

This post was edited by bugbite on Tue, Jun 3, 14 at 10:34

Comments (3)