Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bristlecone Pine seeds

Posted by SeanX35X CA (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 19, 11 at 14:23

The brstlecone pine is one of the most beautiful trees that I have ever seen. they grow in two groves in the world one is in Japan, and the other is here in the eastern sierras. these marvelous trees have fascinated me since the 6th grade when we took a school field trip too see "Methusala the oldest living tree in the world" this tree is literally 4500 yrs old it predates christ and was a seedling when the eqyptians were at their height of power. I continue to go to the grove evry year and I pick up cones and find the seeds. these are very slow growing and germination is hit and miss. but these trees are about as rare as you can get. contact me if interested seangtracey35@yahoo.com.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bristlecone Pine seeds

Sean, I guess you are offering seeds to trade, is that right? Al

o
RE: bristlecone Pine seeds

That isn't quite right about the grove locations. The Methuselah tree and other Great Basin bristlecones are Pinus longaeva, which are found in Nevada and Utah too. The Foxtail pine is the rarer of the three bristlecone types, with it only in CA (Klamath and E. Sierra).

Kudos to anyone who can germinate and grow P. longeva, they apparently prefer limestone soils and little humidity after germination.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here