o
moon flower seeds

Posted by shirleyc 7 (scollum2@aol.com) on
Mon, Jun 14, 10 at 16:37

Is it too late to start moon flower seeds here in zone 7 Arkansas? Shirleyc

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: moon flower seeds

will take 10 weeks for them to grow big enough to set out....much longer to flower

o

Im in zone 6....I started some moonflower seeds in doors in my kitchen window sill, after soaking them for 24 hrs. I sowed 12 seeds only 4 came up..but they are sturdy, i only got them into the groung about 7 days ago, and i see they are fine as long as i keep them watered..I heard they dont transplant well, but so far so good. I soaked the rest of the seeds over night, and just put them in the ground...also 7 days ago so far no results..i had started morning glories at the same time, and transplanted those seedlings to hopefully mix with the moonflower, got red and blue MG's with (hopefully) the white moonflower...I dont know if its too late or not for blossoms..but i will just keep my fingers crossed!! good luck!

o

I also started mine in a pot, but I let them get where they started to grow out of the pot before transplanting them. They never got very large but came back again this year and am in hopes they will get larger each year as we do enjoy the large white blooms. I just have to keep trying as I love all flowers and in this heat anything which will flower is a friend of mine.
Paul

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here