Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Asiatic Lily Questions

Posted by acarpenter7 NJ (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 5, 13 at 18:21

I bought Asiatic lilies last year. After letting it sit out after the blooms were gone, I dug it out of the pot to replant in the spring but forgot about it. This spring it sprouted MANY blooms. Two large, a couple medium, and a bunch of tiny ones. I replanted all of these and they seem to be taking well.
My question is, will the small ones bloom this year and will they turn into bulbs on their own? Or should i just keep the aside for next year?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Asiatic Lily Questions

Once the bulbs are large enough they will bloom...& to get larger they must spend several years in the ground
do not disturbe them this year or ...

o
RE: Asiatic Lily Questions

A wonderful way to increase your plants but you need a little patience.
Liliums are not a bulb that truly "sleeps" - it should not be let to dry out, so if you need to move them, they need to be re-potted.
The small plantlets will go on to form bulbils and in time become big enough to bloom - just give them some TLC and fertilizer during the growing period

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here