Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nishklepp

Can you identify this plant?

nishklepp
9 years ago

These seeds were given to me by my grandmother. I completely forgot the name of the plant and she's since passed so the plant is quite sentimental to me. I notice today that it's starting to lose a little color and wilt. I'm not sure whether it's thirsty or it's getting too much water. It's rained about every other day here in Central Florida so I haven't bothered watering.

Does anyone recognize the plant? Could someone maybe give me some hints on what might cause the wilting and lose of color? I'm new to the gardening game :)

All feedback is greatly appreciated.

Comments (3)

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    9 years ago

That's Celosia, fun, colorful sun-loving plant typically used as an annual in gardens and containers. It does thrive in the full sun and heat.

If your potting mix does not drain rapidly and stays soggy, that's a problem. Both under and over watering can cause wilting.

• sheeba123
    9 years ago

Hi Everyone, Anyone has lotus seeds,please let me know,thanks

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    9 years ago

Sheeba123,

I don't know how your post ended up here, but it's very misplaced. If you do come back here to check, and you see this message, I recommend you make your own thread and put it in the Seed Exchange forum. You'll also want to fill out your trade/exchange list. Without that, no one will know what you have to offer for exchange for your request. I would recommend that you carefully read the Seed Exchange FAQ page and the sticky note at the top of that forum. It has guidelines necessary for trading on GardenWeb.