Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can you identify this plant?

Posted by missnish Zone 9, Central FL (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 16, 14 at 18:53

These seeds were given to me by my grandmother. I completely forgot the name of the plant and she's since passed so the plant is quite sentimental to me. I notice today that it's starting to lose a little color and wilt. I'm not sure whether it's thirsty or it's getting too much water. It's rained about every other day here in Central Florida so I haven't bothered watering.

Does anyone recognize the plant? Could someone maybe give me some hints on what might cause the wilting and lose of color? I'm new to the gardening game :)

All feedback is greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can you identify this plant?

That's Celosia, fun, colorful sun-loving plant typically used as an annual in gardens and containers. It does thrive in the full sun and heat.

If your potting mix does not drain rapidly and stays soggy, that's a problem. Both under and over watering can cause wilting.

o
need lotus seeds

Hi Everyone, Anyone has lotus seeds,please let me know,thanks

o
RE: Can you identify this plant?

Sheeba123,

I don't know how your post ended up here, but it's very misplaced. If you do come back here to check, and you see this message, I recommend you make your own thread and put it in the Seed Exchange forum. You'll also want to fill out your trade/exchange list. Without that, no one will know what you have to offer for exchange for your request. I would recommend that you carefully read the Seed Exchange FAQ page and the sticky note at the top of that forum. It has guidelines necessary for trading on GardenWeb.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here