Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
red rose campion

Posted by wendy2shoes z6 S ON (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 4, 13 at 11:20

I'm posting here in case any Canadian people might be able to help me, as I can't post on the US exchange page. I'm looking for RED rose campion seeds. I have the fuchsia coloured ones, but I have seen photos of the scarlet version, and they are spectacular in a summer garden, blending well with the yellows and oranges of rudbekias. If anyone can direct me to a seed house that has them, and ships to Canada, or have some seeds to spare for an SASBE, any info most appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: red rose campion

Your picture piqued my interest, and after some prolong web searches, I have to break it to you that this is a sterile hybrid, and there are no seeds available. This is the flower Lynchnis coronia 'Gardner's World' and is illegal to propagate, so you have to buy the plant instead. I've only been able to find sellers based in the UK, but maybe there's some in your area that might carry them. Maybe somebody on Dave's Garden website has them on offer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here