Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
grass seeding issue

Posted by aaron1104 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 6, 10 at 11:57

Hi Everyone
Im hoping you can give me some advice ok Im a newbie when it comes to seeding for new grass here is what I have, Ive got a few bags of Scoots top soil and Ive got sun and shade mix

Here is what I did before

I would lift ( get rid) of all the dead grass and soil, then put grass seed into the spot, then I would put top soil on top of the seed - I would water 2, 3times a day this worked but when I tried to do it again it didnt now people are telling me to not bury the seed under the new top soil

If someone could give me some real simple instructions that would be really great Im planning on digging out all the dead spots and re seeding them. Here are some pics

Thanks again for any and all help

I'm not sure on how to insert a pic

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: grass seeding issue

spread the dirt in areas needed. roughen (break) the sutface dirt......fertilize area if needed then seed the areas at 4 pounds / 1000sq ft. lightly rake the seed in.... top 1/8 inch water regulary (do not allow soil to dry out till the seed germinates......

o
RE: grass seeding issue

To post a photo--
Get a photobucket account--it's free. Upload your photo. Under or beside the picture you'll see a bunch of URL formats for the picture. Click on the one that says HTML. It should automatically copy. Go to the thread here and right click and choose paste. It will show up as writing but when you submit it will be a picture.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here