Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help me to buy Paw paw seed or plant

Posted by kalpana Sugar Land Tx (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 6, 05 at 12:03

I just moved in sugar land Tx , I don't know where to buy Paw Paw seed or tree. Please help me.
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help me to buy Paw paw seed or plant

Go to local nursery, check out sponsors of this site, go to seed trading forum etc.....

o

Thank you very much.
kalpana

o

Kalpana,

Get a couple of named selected varieties and then also some seedlings if you want more. Most seedlings are greatly inferior in size to the named varieties. I have a 'Wells' pawpaw which came from a nursery in NJ and also a group I grew from seeds. Check back threads in the 'Fruit & Orchards' forum for more on Pawpaws.

George

o

Thank you George.
kalpana

o

Go to the link below and scroll down the page. You will find a paw paw plant on sale at Park Seed.
Hope this helps.
Juanita

Here is a link that might be useful: Park Seed plant sale

o

I just saw this post I got mine on ebay a wonderful Paw paw in 2 months its huge this is the ebay sellars name (Wellspring Gardens)I am very happy with everything I bought from him he sells Paw paw and mails them as a pair so they will pollenat each other.Good luck mine is huge now 2 months later its 4 foot tall.

o

Of course, getting a named and select form of Paw Paw is ideal, especially if you have limited space or time to experiment. But here, seed taken from bought fruit will germinate, too. I often have seedlings coming up where compost of kitchen green waste has been spread. Plants (except for some special bisexual forms- nursery bought) grow as male or female plants, you only need one of the male if you have pollinating insects (or a paintbrush). But there is no easy way to discern whether you have a female fruiter or a male pollinator until they flower.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here