Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
how to grow dutchmans pipe from seed

Posted by willy46 b5 (barnaby23@hotmail.com) on
Fri, Jul 29, 05 at 12:34

any one please help me out.tryed to grow Dutch mans pip vine.had no luck.can you tell how??any special treatments?
willy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how to grow dutchmans pipe from seed

• Posted by MorZ8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 30, 05 at 16:46

Aristolochia macrophylla , Pipevine ,zone= 6 , sow in light @ 70F for slow germ.

o

i started aristolochia fimbriata from collected seed and had 100% germination. i started it inside on a window sill in seed starting mix. kept it moist. its been outside in the shade (planted up to 4" pots) for a few weeks now and seems to be doing great!.

o

Inthegarden k can you tell me how long it took for them to pop up .I have had really bad luck with these.I soak and plant and nothing.

o

I wintersowed Aristolochia tomentosa here in zone 5/6 which worked fine; haven't tried other methods, they may work as well.

o

sorry, i don't remember how long precisely, but it was certainly within 2-3 weeks, or i would have noted the long start time. maybe you seed is no good.

o

I think the seed may be sort of short-lived. I'm trying again with some seed I got in the spring. Based on Deno recommendation to use light (i.e., don't cover seed) at 70 degrees, that's what I'm trying with all the rest of the seed.

o

hi i soaked for 48 hours in hand hot water to start with then sow finely covering seeds place in a zip bag put in airing cupboard as i was told they need darkness to germinate aswell as warm, i was told they take any thing up to 3 months but to check every day after a week i used this methord and so far about 14 have germinated i only placed in cupbard about 9 days ago so i have picked out the germinated ones to put in light and left the tray in the cupboard,where do you live if it is with in posting distance i could post you a few,do email me through as i probably will forget to check in on this forum again Penny

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here