Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
my sage sprout has wilted

Posted by xafka Canada (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 4, 12 at 19:07

I am trying to grow my own herbs in pots and my basil and sage were both doing really well until i i transferred them. I separated my basil because it had so many sprouts in one little pot and it is doing fine still. My sage however, i transferred (without exposing any roots at all) into a mixture of not so rich soil and rich soil because that is what i had read to do. is this what has made my sprout wilt? have i transferred it too early? or did i over water it when i transferred it because i am pretty sure i gave it plenty of water. they are both indoor plants sitting in an east facing window sill

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: my sage sprout has wilted

I am sure it is too late to help your particular problem, but for the future, I will comment. When you transplant seedlings the plant will often need to be tented to be able to maintain close to 100% humidity to prevent wilting for a week or two. It is best to also keep them out of direct sun for a few days. This of course will vary depending on the species. Al

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here