Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kinkgo seedling - is it dying?

Posted by Sacnerd none (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 3, 13 at 20:32

I recently purchased a new home and it has a beautiful ginkgo tree in the back yard. Before I mowed the lawn (which was in really bad shape), I noticed that the ginkgo had a ton of little seedlings.

Rather than killing them with the mower, I dug some up and put them in pots. My hope is to grow them into full trees.

Anyway, one of my seedlings looks a tad brown on the bottom. I'm new to growing a plant and I don't know if this is normal or stem rot.

The leaves are green and it looks healthy, but the stem has me worried. Please let me know if it is in trouble and, if so, is there any remedy.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kinkgo seedling - is it dying?

There is a point where a seedling turns from green to a brown stem, or a trunk in the case of a tree. With only a small area shown it is hard to tell if that is what is happening. Al

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here