Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
problems with poppies.

Posted by jardin_de_maria (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 1, 10 at 4:38

Firstly though, I'm wondering. Are there any more of those "Adopt a newbie" things? I think I need to be adopted... I have so many questions always!

This poppy seedling is turning yellow. It looked absolutely fine last week.

And I followed bought these purple somniferum poppy seeds. I sprinkled them on top of soil and pressed them in lightly. They didn't sprout, but I looked closer and I'm thinking maybe they germinated halfway...

The white and brown round thing right in the middle... I suspect that's a seed?

Why did this happen?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: problems with poppies.

The first picture. It may just be that it was too wet.Have you had a lot of rain? Or it may have been too dry. I don't think it's much to worry about.

The second picture. I think I see a seed sprouting just beyond that brown seed. They sprout from the top like that then turn and plant that sprout in the ground. It looks like that brown seed has swollen too. Wait a while and see if they come up

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here