Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sarahbarah27

Seed catalogs

sarahbarah27
13 years ago

Hey everyone!

Has anyone ever ordered seeds for either the GeoSeed catalog or the HPS catalog? I got them new in the mail this year, and they offer a very good selection at seemingly fair prices (especially GEO). I usually order from Parks, but last year I had some issues with them and I wanted to give a different company a try. If anyone has had any experience with these companies or other companies you have used, I would really appreciate your feedback, Thanks in advance!!

Sarah

Comments (5)

• yiorges-z5il
    13 years ago

Yhere is no 1 good catalogs since our interests & desires are different. Have use the 3 you mentioned but include several others and a plant/seed broker.. I do try to consilidate my orders since shipping charges will kill you.

• goblugal
    13 years ago

Geo is extremely reputable. They operate a wholesale and retail division in the same building, seed is shipped from the same lots. Geo is owned by George & Barbara Park...George "left" the family business years ago, worked in Holland with breeding companies for a number of years, moved back to SC and opened his own seed company less than a mile from Park Seed (which isn't even owned by a Park anymore)

• lily51
    13 years ago

I use Park, who have been good with good quality plants. Only had problem with getting petunia seeds on time.
    Stokes is good; their catalog gives specific instruction on how to sow each plant, whether in greenhouse or other.
    Burpee and Ferry Morse are good, too.

• sarahbarah27
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for the great info!

• soilent_green
    13 years ago

My List. All have strengths and weaknesses but all have been dependable to me. Shipping costs will often dictate from whom I make a purchase.

My Favorites:
    ***Jordan Seeds, Inc. (Bulk Vegetable Seed)***
    Seeds of Change
    Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds
    Bountiful Gardens
    Johnny's Select Seeds
    Territorial Seed Company

Also Acceptable:
    Mountain Valley Seed, Inc. (Bulk Seed)
    John Scheepers Kitchen Garden Seeds
    Vermont Bean Seed Company
    Pinetree Garden Seeds