Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
DIY seed tapes

Posted by love2garden-nc 7 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 11, 12 at 14:51

I always sow my tiny seeds too close and I'm not good at thinning, so I'm tempted by the seed tapes for lettuce, greens, radishes, carrots, etc. But I'm too cheap to pay the price for them--I found some instructions on the web for making them. But I'm curious if anyone has tried it and what worked/didn't work for you. From what I'm finding you can use tp or paper towels and either a flour or cornstarch with water as the glue factor. thoughts?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: DIY seed tapes

Just a thought / I have "Never" tried it but

Strips of news paper & I was going to say honey to stay organic but corn starch sounds better

I'm also thinking that Non-Toxic Water Soluble White Glue would probably work just fine

I've thought about doing it
But figured it wasn't worth the time to sit there & glue seeds to a piece of paper one by one
LOL

Good Luck
& Would love to hear how it works if you give it a try

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here