Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
rambutan and curry

Posted by birdboyhg PA 6b (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 13, 06 at 18:51

Does anyone know what the requirements are for rambutan seeds to sprout, and the requirements for curry seeds. how moist, what temp, how deep, and how long (about) they take to germinate (week old seeds)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: rambutan and curry

rambutan... soak seed in water for 8 hours... lightly cover the seed soil temp 64-75F & takes 21-42 days to germinate. curry lightly cover with soil temp 65-75F ... keep soil DAMP since slow to germinate

o

If you keep the soil to DAMP it will rot them, we grow rambutan from seed all the time. Use a mixture of potting soil, peat and sand, Tropical seeds require good drainage. Also they need a higher temp then 64-75F, we keep ours at 82-85 with almost a 100% success rate. We keep them in a pot with plastic cover for a greenhouse affect since they love humidity.
We have a free ebook on growing Tropical plants if you want to read it
http://www.nipahutgardens.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Nipa Hut Gardens and Gifts

o

hello northrdayinparadise; when I visit commercial sites,I want to know a bit about partnerships ....I look for reliable citations and direct links ...An example would be Mesa Gardens.
good luck,though...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here