Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
proflonghair07

onions, shallots, and garlic.

proflonghair07
10 years ago

hey guys I am new to the forum and am hoping to possibly receive some help with a very specific situation. I have tried my hardest to do my research and ask as little questions as possible but have found it hard to find the proper course of action to take in my specific situation. I live in nashville. The zone here is 7a and I am looking to grow onion, shallots, and garlic in an outdoor container garden. I wish to plant in the fall and harvest in the spring. I more ideally would like to plant from seed, but am willing to plant sets if seeds are unlikely to do well. My soil is heavy clay and i have had horrible results with root vegetables in the past (only radishes, turnips, and carrots). The foliage has done beautifully while the roots stay tiny. This time around I plan to do raised beds with all outside soil. Any advice on suppliers, variety, techniques, and any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. As I am on a budget if anyone could point me to one supplier that could provide quality onion, shallot, and garlic seeds (not sets) from the same supplier it would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm