Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bugbite_gw

Geoseed - best seed company (imho)

bugbite
11 years ago

Got my Geoseed pricelist a week ago and did my order; received it yesterday. I love that company and their amazing prices.

They are a "wholesaler", I guess. But will sell to us. You will not get growing instructions on their envelopes and I never had the nerve to ask for a refund. (I alway assumed that they expect their commerical buyers to understand what they are doing.)

Also, no pictures in their catalog (pricelist), just the very best seeds and prices.

Trivia: The Geo is for George Parks who left Parks years ago to start this great company.

The link is actually to their brand new pricelist that just came out, for 2013.

Bob

Here is a link that might be useful: Geoseed pricelist

Comments (6)

• goblugal
    11 years ago

Have known George and Barbara for years and years. George is an exceptional seedsman. I had the pleasure of attending the European flower trials with him a number of years ago. Your trivia isn't QUITE correct.....he was voted out of the Park family business (while he was in Europe on a business trip). He started GeoSeed after his non-compete clause ran out, about a mile up the road from Park Seed. Park seed is no longer even owned by a Park family member.

• bugbite
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Goblugal,
    Bet that trial visit was a memorial trip. Thanks for the info. Seed industry history, past and present, has always been interesting to me, as is the history of a plant.
    Thanks,
    Bob

• gardenfanatic2003
    11 years ago

Bugbite,

The link just keeps going round and round, but nothing comes up.

Deanna

• bugbite
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Deanna,
    When I click the link, the pricelist does load. But I reposted it below.
    The problem could be the size and I should have warned about that. Sorry.
    This company has, I believe, somthing like 8000 listings. The pricelist is a 109 page PDF. So that could be the problem.
    This PDF is the only way to easily view their pricelist. On their actual site they do have an alternative, but it is some type of weird document software that is very difficult to use. I don't like it. So when I saw this PDF I was very happy to find it. They might send you their pricelist if you call them. 888-645-2323
    Thanks,
    Bob
    PS. An example of their pricing are seeds for a new plant I just bought. Their price was 100 seeds for $3.80; other seed companies are now listing it as new for 2013 with their price being 20 seeds for $5.
    At worse case they seem to always be at least 50% cheaper. Problem is they are like Sam's club, you buy larger packs.

Here is a link that might be useful: 2nd try Geoseed

• gardenfanatic2003
    11 years ago

Thanks! That one downloaded quickly.

Deanna

• bugbite
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Anyone doing a 2013 seed order from Geoseed (or Hazaar or one of the more wholesale type companies) and want to exchange some new, fresh seeds from your 2013 order? I will be opening* my packages in Feb. and could exchange then.
    I am keeping them in the frig, unopened till then.
    Thanks,
    Bob
    *When I said opening a geoseed package I mean breaking the seal on their foil packages. Their packages are completely sealed unlike the seeds you get at the box stores.
    Please, please forgive me for sounding so picky but I only want to exchange fresh, fresh seeds for 2013. When I have a germination failure I want to know it's me, not old seeds. Thanks!

Sponsored
FineLine Kitchens, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars81 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Center Serving the DMV Area