Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Starting Lady Palm from seed.

Posted by allenrob 6b (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 27, 11 at 12:24

I've never started Palm trees from seed and I need some instruction on how to do it. Are they different starting from seed than other plants? They are going to be indoor container plants. Which potting soil should I use? Should I use the pine bark 5-1-1 mix or Al's gritty mix for this plant? Should I start from seed in this mix or use seedling mix. I know a bunch of questions but considering that, I know nothing and this would be my first starting from seed project, I need instruction from experienced growers. Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Starting Lady Palm from seed.

Scratch seed then soak in water for 24 hours...then lightly cover with well drained soil....soil temp 75-80F for germination...may take 21 to 540 days to germinate.
soil pH 6.0 tp 7.5

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here