Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seedlings staying same size for months?

Posted by SavvySAM North West Arkansas (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 17, 13 at 16:10

I sowed some Spilanthes seeds two months ago. Three of the seedlings, when they got a couple sets of true leaves, I put into a pot and they exploded with growth. They now have tons of flowers, nice, big leaves and are thriving!!
The rest of the seedlings I transplanted into pots with the same soil and they haven't grown a single centimeter. They are alive and well, but just aren't growing. Another seedling I left in the seed starting mix because it wasn't big enough, and it's staying the same size that it was at two weeks old.

What is happening? And how do I fix it?? I'll go take some pictures and post them if I can.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seedlings staying same size for months?

Whoops. Don't know how to delete a post.

This post was edited by SavvySAM on Tue, Sep 17, 13 at 16:40

o
RE: Seedlings staying same size for months?

first two are the little sprout that has stayed itty bitty. Third are the plants that tottally took off and are loving life.
Fourth is another batch of sprouts that stayed small.
There are many more like that. The fifth has stayed the same as well. They grew a little more than the others in the seed starting mix and since the transplant, they haven't grown.

All the plants have gotten the same water and the same fertilizer. The little one though got a a little less fertilizer. I didn't really know what to do so i fertilized it anyway. All the plants are in the same vicinity and receive the same light.

photo 20130917_151151.jpg

photo 20130917_151148.jpg

photo 20130917_151205.jpg

photo 20130917_151223.jpg

photo 20130917_151236.jpg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here