Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mixed Container plants

Posted by superdairyboy none (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 26, 12 at 17:52

Ok here is what I got. Maybe an Odd variety.

I have a Dwarf Elephant plant. Packages of Coleus seeds, and a small hoya plant.

I understand the hoya needs a chunky soil, mulch, and the Elephant ear likes it wet. complete oposites. and seems like the coleus likes it in between the 2.

what I was hoping to do was plant the Coleus as an accent with the other 2 plants. but I do not think this will be possible.

Any suggestions?

Brian

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mixed Container plants

Are you growing from seed under lights, inside? If so it does not work well to have them in the same container. When they are big enough to transplant, they may then be combined. Al

o

Yes growing from seed. how big untill transplant?

and they will do ok in the 2 different soil types?

o

i have begun to put one type of plant in its own container the last few years, especially large plants like coleus and elephant ears. this way they don't overpower other plants and you can move the pots around to suit them in an everchanging arrangement.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here