Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
where online can i order the super small peat pellets?

Posted by boodeeradley 7 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 17, 11 at 22:27

Not talking about the standard jiffy pucks. There used to be something MUCH smaller diameter available for germinating seeds. Can't find them online anywhere. Do any of you know what I'm talking about, and where to find them?

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: where online can i order the super small peat pellets?

Territorial seeds has some!

Here is a link that might be useful: pellets

o

Thanks, aquawise. But those are the regular size pellets. I am looking for the ones that are maybe half the diameter of those.

o

This is what the add says,
Just like the Jiffy-7 Peat Pellets, only smaller. Perfect for starting smaller plants like lettuce, salad greens, herbs, and flowers. Diameter is 1 1/4 inches.

o

What you are looking for is PLUGS. Not typically sold at retail level. Jiffy makes pre-forma plugs, but again, for commercial growers. You may be better off trying to find a greenhouse in your area that either grows or purchases plugs, and seeing if you can get something from them

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here