Germination databases Dr. Deno

Posted by xaroline zone3 Calgary (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 10, 10 at 9:08

These are now public domain accessible through jlHudson.net/Germinarion
to a usda site.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Germination databases Dr. Deno

Please post clearer instructions on how to get to the site. Googling the above URL brings me back to this post. Thanks

o

HI Loretta,
Do you google? : )
I googled JL Hudson and just picked the one that best fit the incorrect url which is
http://www.jlhudsonseeds.net/Germination.htm
I spoke with Dr Deno many years ago. I think at that point he had just organized his first guide. I believe he has retired but it is great that his guides are now in the public domain.

o

Thanks xaroline, I have Dr Deno's Database but never got around to order his supplements. I downloaded them into my documents(both over 100 pages), where I can access them when needed. Al

o

Thank you so much for posting the link. These were cited extensively in propagation classes I've taken the last two summers, so I'm thrilled to be able to download the entire references.

o

I just found another reference, this one for germinating tree and shrub seeds. It is the US Forest Service's Woody Plant Seed Manual. You can find it at www.nsl.fs.fed.us/wpsm/
This appears to have a good deal of information about harvesting, pretreatment of seeds, etc.

Bruce

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here