Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
black_thumb

From seed pineapple, grapefruit ,lemon ,tangering and apples

black-thumb
12 years ago

Hi all

So last year I bought some pinapples and planted them in the dirt and am hoping for a new pinapple to grow from them at some point. I thought that would be this year but I read that it takes about 20 months so I still have some hope. The only thing that worries me is that I have seen plants way smaller than mine with pinapples growing out of them, so I'm not sure what is up with that.

I have also planted grapefruit seeds (six total) but only one is really growing well. I don't expect it to produce any fruit though like my apple, lemon and tangerine seed planting they are just for fun to see if they would grow.

My apple plant however may not survive since it is pretty near my ceiling already and well if I plant it outside this winter it might not survive the cold. We will see.

Anyways here are some pics of my plants. These were all done from fruit I got from the market.

My two pinapple plants. I stuck some silf flowers in them to make them look pretty.

{{gwi:251523}}.

My three baby lemons and the little tangerines which I don't think are going to do much. Some of my other grapefruits stayed small like these too.

{{gwi:251525}}.

Apple

{{gwi:251528}}.

Grapefruit

{{gwi:251531}}.

Comments (4)