Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
From seed pineapple, grapefruit ,lemon ,tangering and apples

Posted by black-thumb (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 2, 11 at 11:34

Hi all

So last year I bought some pinapples and planted them in the dirt and am hoping for a new pinapple to grow from them at some point. I thought that would be this year but I read that it takes about 20 months so I still have some hope. The only thing that worries me is that I have seen plants way smaller than mine with pinapples growing out of them, so I'm not sure what is up with that.

I have also planted grapefruit seeds (six total) but only one is really growing well. I don't expect it to produce any fruit though like my apple, lemon and tangerine seed planting they are just for fun to see if they would grow.

My apple plant however may not survive since it is pretty near my ceiling already and well if I plant it outside this winter it might not survive the cold. We will see.

Anyways here are some pics of my plants. These were all done from fruit I got from the market.

My two pinapple plants. I stuck some silf flowers in them to make them look pretty.

My three baby lemons and the little tangerines which I don't think are going to do much. Some of my other grapefruits stayed small like these too.

Apple

Grapefruit

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: From seed pineapple, grapefruit ,lemon ,tangering and apples

The pinapple I didn't grow from seed but from the top of a pinapple that I stuck in the dirt. The rest came from seeds within the fruit from the market.

o

I read your post but failed to find the question you were asking. As you did not post your zone you garden in, if there was a question I would probably not feel able to comment. Al

o

I have grown a number of pineapple from tops in my aquaponic system. From all the research I have done, I have found that pineapples can take at least 20 years to mature and fruit. This can take even longer in colder climates. I am very impressed with how beautiful your plant is growing however! Have you grown any of these plants in the past? Did they fruit well?

Here is a link that might be useful: Here is a really helpful link for pineapples

o

calistoga, he just wanted to show off! :)

Also, your baby tangerines look like they need a little more light.

And I'm drooling at the apple. I want to try a Prunus specimen now!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here