Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Germinated seed not rising

Posted by saood Saudi - 10b (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 10, 13 at 11:46

Hi!

I did some seeds of tomatoes and pepper. Many seeds germinated. But some of the seeds have shown part stem and part leaf (part of it being inside the soil). The thing then has stop rising above that line - its three days since this status. Has the seedling died before rising?

Is this some disease? Am I watering too much ? or too less?

Also I feel a few seedlings are taking a lot of time opening up their seed leaves.

Is this normal?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Germinated seed not rising

Hello.

I don't know specifically about tomatoes and peppers but usually when seeds germinate but then seem to be failing shortly afterwards the way you are describing, they have either been over watered or aren't getting enough air circulation and they are succumbing to fungal disease. I can't tell from your pic because it's a bit blurry but what is the white substance on your soil?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here