Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gwannouncements

GardenWeb needs your feedback!

gwannouncements
11 years ago

Hi everyone,

As you may have noticed, we've been sprucing up the site a bit. Among other things, we've added new ways to upload photos and email notifications of post replies. We are still cleaning out cobwebs and weeding some areas of the site, but we are also working on some bigger projects like a better search engine (yay!) and a mobile app. We'd also like to get some feedback from you. What enhancements or additions would you like to see? What do you love? What do you hate? Think big and small!

We can't promise the moon, but please know that we will read and consider every one of your ideas and suggestions. We appreciate your loyalty and dedication to our site and we know how important your community is to you. Help us make it even better!

Please use this post to offer your feedback. But, as always, you are welcome to contact me directly by clicking on my profile page.

Best regards,

Tamara Amey

GardenWeb Community Manager

Comments (7)

• garf_gw
    11 years ago

I doubt you would appreciate my language if I told you what I thought of your expanding popups. Ask and you will receive.

• ladyrose65
    11 years ago

Speaking of pop-ups, since you need the advertisement, why not get pop-ups from companies that sell gardening items, ex., seed companies, bulb companies, fertilizer companies, plant nursery companies, agriculture equipment companies etc. That would be a nice change, pop-ups related to gardening!

• cheezdoodle12
    11 years ago

I would like to see an area where I could pull up the most recent and most popular postings from the entire site.. not topic specific. I'm usually on the Hot Pepper forum but on occasion browse around for other topics. I also find sometimes there is the lonely post that sits out there never having a reply. A page like that would help prevent posts from being overlooked, and it would be much easier to find interesting threads. I would also like to be able to pull up all of my own postings or ones where I have commented.

• garf_gw
    11 years ago

Now we have full page popups? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• gardenman101
    11 years ago

How about a Video Section, ranging from GWers projects to canning and evrything else gardening.

• gardenman101
    11 years ago

Also, Maybe seperate the vegitable and flower seed swap for easier swapping.

• gwannouncements
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi everyone!

You asked and we listened. Today we are very excited to be debuting our newest feature -- post editing! To use this feature, go back to the post you wish to correct and you'll find the link under the 'My Clippings' links on the right side of the page.

I want to give a special shout out to all the testers who tried to break the editing tool. ;) Your feedback was insightful and invaluable. Thank you!

You may have also noticed that we adjusted the login cookie awhile back so that you should not have to login repeatedly.

Stay tuned -- we have more cool things in the works!

As always, please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Best regards,
    Tamara