Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Experience with Franklinia...

Posted by DavidLMO 5 B (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 7, 13 at 0:40

Kiri Princess or Camptotheca acuminata Tree of life?

Yeah I know - I am a glutton for punishment - I love challenges.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Experience with Franklinia...

Paulownia (sometimes called kiri in Japanese or princess-tree mostly by shyster Paulownia salespeople) is a weed that can be fairly invasive (environmentally destructive) in many locations. There is a paulownia tree industry out there that spends a lot of effort on promoting this piece of botanical trash, mostly by bending or covering up the truth. It should not be hard at all to germinate the seeds, but I definitely wouldn't waste my time.

If you have fresh or properly stored seeds of the other two trees, germination should be fairly easy. Keeping the Franklinia alive for many years, may be an issue (they are notoriously difficult to grow, but not impossible).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here