Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Curry leaf tree seedlings need help

Posted by remy101 lewisville,Tx (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 9, 13 at 2:05

Hello
I bought some curry leaf tree seeds from eBay it's growing very well.my question is what is this white substance on my peat pot mixture? Is it harmful or it just dried peat pot
Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Curry leaf tree seedlings need help

Hi remy,

My guess is that the 'white substance' on your peat pot mixture is mold. The mold you're seeing is not plant pathogenic, but is a good indicator that you're probably keeping the mixture a little too wet. Try keeping things a bit dryer. Watering from the bottom is often helpful. To do that you can just add water to the tray; leave the water in the tray for a few minutes and dump, or use a syringe to remove, the excess before the peat mixture gets too wet.

Adding a little Hydrogen Peroxide to your water also helps (see link below).

Art

Here is a link that might be useful: Hydrogen Peroxide

o

Art,

Thanks for the info, and the link! I have the same issue on a few of mine.

o

Thank you so much Art.

o

Could you please direct me to the seller. I would like to buy them next year. So far my attempts have been futile.

Thanks in advance.

o

You can buy them through Amazon.com (be sure to review the supplier's ratings though!)

www.seedscollector.com (I have no idea who the heck these people are, so purchase with caution) has them.

Seeds of India (limited, excellent Garden Watchdog rating) is supposed to have them in April.

There are more Murraya koenigii seed suppliers that you can find with Google. There are numerous suppliers if you want the plant instead of the seeds. For some reason, these seeds are mostly only available through non-standard sources without much of reputation to go by. I always like to know who I'm buying from, when possible.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here