Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Parlor Palm

Posted by kristgray 5 (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 5, 07 at 0:55

In August I planted 100 seeds in small containers and not one has sprouted. I know they can take anywhere from 21-500 days to germinate, but it just seems odd that of 100, I don't even have 1 growing. Is there any reason why my seeds are not sprouting?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Parlor Palm

The soil temperature should be 75-80F if not then apply bottom heat. If all the 100 seed are from the same plant then it would be expected that they will germinate at about the same time.

o

They are as far from windows as I can get them (it's drafty in the winter), and located on a shelf above the oven. How else might I keep them warmer?

o

I start things on top of my refrigerator and my upright freezer. Its seems to be just the right amount of heat
to start seeds. then after they germinate I put them under
lights. Hope this helps.

gemfire

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here