Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
viper125

viper125
11 years ago

Well howdy all! Im from zone 6 in Ohio. Trying to get my plant starting better. Pretty string last year and tall. So added a grow light to my shop light and a heat mat. Germinate a pepper that people were having problems with from Australia i guess.Got it going i the orchid mixture fro jiffy using a dome and a heat mat. Moved them downstairs to a 55 degree basement and added the light. Temps of soil is around 62-65. But growing is really slowly to none. Figure I need more soil heat. These were really to test if they;d germinate but now figure why not keep them going. Also considering a col frame or hot frame to move plants I start out side to make room. Now me and the wife are disabled and do this for fun and because plants are just to high to buy. So I do every thing on the cheap or DIY. I must also hold utility's down. Now if you think that's a lot of restrictions for advise, think what its like living that way. LOL! Any advise or suggestions appreciated. I did see an article on using the old type Christmas lights to make a board to heat them with any one try that yet?

Comments (3)