Return to the Shrubs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
** Tecoma Stans 'Orange Star' Esperanza flowering shrub **

Posted by Disable_Plant_Lover Z9 Houston (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 20, 05 at 13:44

Hello, does anyone have TECOMA STANS "ORANGE STAR" ESPERANZA

flowering shrub? I am looking for someone who would be willing to give me some seeds or give me 3 cuttings from this beautiful flowering shrub. It blooms for summer until frost. It loves Texas hot weather.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ** Tecoma Stans 'Orange Star' Esperanza flowering shrub **

I know it has been a while since your posting. So I was wondering if you ever found some. I just bought 2 at a local H-E-B grocery chain in Hewitt, TX. 7-3-11

o

Gsjammin 8,

I see a number of problems with Disable_Plant_Lover's request, and that may be the reason he/she is having problems finding the desired plant. The biggest problem is the name. 'Orange Star' does not appear to be a valid cultivar name. Often, it is a generic/common name used in conjunction with the cultivar Tecoma 'Orange Jubilee'. Adding the additional common name "Esperanza" just further confuses the problem. IF Disable_Plant_Lover was looking for this particular cultivar, he/she should have searched using the correct name. Adding the species name "stans" may also further reduce results in this particular case. A number of wholesale nurseries carry 'Orange Jubilee', so the plant should be available through some local nurseries (even if it had to be special ordered). Also, at least one mail order company, Zone 9 Tropicals (very excellent Garden Watchdog rating) comes up easily in a quick google search and currently has it in stock. Lastly, seeds of this cultivar would not come true-to-type (as is the case with almost all woody plant cultivars), so 'Orange Jubilee' seeds do not result in 'Orange Jubilee'.

If only the generic species, Tecoma stans, is desired, they are widely available throughout the trade.

Here is a link that might be useful: Zone 9 Tropicals

o

https://almostedenplants.com has them

o

"https://almostedenplants.com has them"

Has what? Their website doesn't show them having anything named 'Orange Star' or even 'Orange Jubilee'. Did you get the wrong company/website or post to the wrong thread by chance?

Did you read my post above???

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Shrubs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here