Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bobby1973_gw

save my spruce !!!

bobby1973
17 years ago

hi folks,

i'm having a slight infestation problem with my dwarf alberta spruce. i planted it about a year ago, and have been taking great care of it since. it looked incredibly healthy and lush right up until about 2 months ago. it slowly began to take on that brownish, sick-looking appearance that's commonly seen amongst arborvitaes. i immediatley treat the shrub with Bayer's tree & shrub insect control solution. it's supposed to work 'sytemically' because you mix the solution with water and then pour it at the base of the plant. i must say that within about 3 weeks the spruce almost completely recovered it's green color back. however i'm still noticing some bare spots where it hasn't been able to initiate new growth. i've been flushing the bare spots with cold water about every other day because i heard that can be helpful in treating infested areas of plants. i really haven't seen any improvement though. i'm including a photo of the spruce to give everyone a better idea of what i'm talking about. any help that you could kindly give me would be greatly appreciated. i spent close to $200 on this beauty and i'd hate to lose it to insects:)

thanks so much all,

bobby

Image link:

Comment (1)

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    17 years ago

i am blanking... use the SEACH function for picea glauca .. or alberta spruce ... it has been covered many times ... ken