Return to the Shrubs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Weigela - Carnaval

Posted by jujujojo (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 8, 14 at 10:54

I read about this. It claims that they bloom once in spring and once in autumn. That is wonderful. Is this account true?

"Your Carnaval Weigela is most beloved for its showy flowers. Resplendent in shades of white, pink and red, each trumpet-shaped bloom is a delicate jewel amid the glossy, green foliage. The first blossoms appear in late spring/early summer.

Just when you think the floral display is over, your Carnaval Weigela will present you with yet another bloom late summer. When not in flower, the oblong, 4-inch, textured leaves will do a wonderful job filling out your shrub for an attractive appearance in your landscape."

This post was edited by jujujojo on Sat, Mar 8, 14 at 11:39

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Weigela - Carnaval

I have one.
It blooms heavily in late spring and then sporadically summer into fall.

This post was edited by lsst on Sat, Mar 8, 14 at 11:04

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Shrubs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here