Return to the Shrubs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Victor Dwarf Crapemyrtle & Chickasaw Crapemyrtle

Posted by plantingman 6b (SC KS climate) (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 8, 13 at 18:47

(I edited this question to allow for a little more flexibility.) I'm interested landscaping design in planting a crapemyrtle shrub as a foundation plant under a 4' tall window that is approx. 4' above the ground. I am mostly interested in hiding the ugly cinder block foundation that is approx. 2-2.5 feet high. I don't care if the shrub covers the window a little, as long as it doesn't completly cover it. I'm considering either the Lagerstroemia indica 'Victor' or Lagerstroemia indica 'Chickasaw' but I am reading conflicting reports of how tall they will really grow.
Does anyone have experience with the Victor Dwarf Crapemyrtle or Chickasaw Crapemyrtle who can tell me about their mature size?

This post was edited by plantingman on Sat, Mar 9, 13 at 6:25

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Victor Dwarf Crapemyrtle & Chickasaw Crapemyrtle

With specs that tight, I'd recommend going with plastic plants.

At any particular site, there are way too many variables beyond your control and our ability to predict for such limitations. And, BTW, typical estimates for both of the cultivars you mention fall outside your range.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Shrubs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here