Return to the Shrubs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mass Planting Red Twig Dogwood Shrubs

Posted by mary_max (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 9, 14 at 20:59

If you were going to mass plant this shrub what would the spacing be between each plant and would that spacing be the same between rows.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mass Planting Red Twig Dogwood Shrubs

whats the goal of the planting ????

a screen would require closer planting.. to achieve the goal faster ...

the other goal .. would be further apart so as to buy less plants.. goal: save money

i seem to recall having this at the old house.. after about 5 to 7 years.. it was about 8 feet by 8 feet ... with no pruning ... so you could go as far as 8 feet .... BTW.. it got pretty ugly by this size.. so i decided to move... lol ...

ken

Here is a link that might be useful: just look at the ones that are most likely RTD and 'see' the potential

o
RE: Mass Planting Red Twig Dogwood Shrubs

Thanks Ken (as always) for the good information! . I would like to make a screen in one area then just put the other RTD's randomly in another bed for the winter color. How far apart do you think these in the picture were planted? The mass planting is really what I want. I am thinking three feet apart? I stool them each spring to keep them right size. I do have lots to move around so will start this real soon.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Shrubs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here