Return to the Shrubs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
boxwood and volutella

Posted by lily603 6 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 13, 14 at 10:05

I have been fighting this disease for several years. winter last was hard on all plants, Korean boxwood the worst. so I set about trimming. and reading up, again, on volutella. I have removed several stands of pachysandra and 2 boxwoods hoping to still the disease, but in trimming the last 2 I can see too much damage. penn state and other sources suggest plants be removed altogether. I had been using neem early on. one suggestion was copper fungicide. has anyone faced this problem and have you been almost successful in bringing the plant back to health? I do wonder where this came from. from what I've read, it appeared around 2011 and has spread from state to state. can't help but think of oak die off or chestnut blight...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: boxwood and volutella

i dont understand what disease you are talking about ... nor am i even sure.. after all you have done... that you have even figured out what the disease is ...

take a piece to a good nursery.. or your extension office and get an ID of your problem ...

and do not do another thing.. especially spraying stuff.. willy nilly.. w/o knowing what you are treating ...

perhaps if post some pix... we could ID it for you

ken

o
RE: boxwood and volutella

My plant inspector warned me about boxwood blight several years ago. It was found in a nursery in North Carolina and a lot of their plants were shipped up the East coast.

Frank

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Shrubs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here