Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
frawri

Fast growing privacy shrub, Hedge, Ornamental grasses, Rosebush?

frawri
14 years ago

I am renting a nice home with a big lot, but we have no privacy from the road, and we have loads of big trucks passing by every day. I would like some sort of privacy hedge, bush, climbing rose bush, ornamental grasses, that can block the view from the road to our house. It would have to be able to grow with in the first year to block the view. We are not certain how long we will be staying in this house, maybe another two to three years. So of course we wouldnÂt want a plant that will take 3 to 10 years to grow tall enough to do the job. I know this is asking a lot of a plant, but it is kind of pointless to get something and not be there to enjoy the privacy that it gives us. I also know you can buy bigger plants that are already half way grown, but we can't afford a lot, and we have about 60 feet to cover, so that is going to take a lot of plants to do the job more plants equals more money. The soil is of mostly clay, and it will be in full sunlight, hope someone can help us, God bless.

Francine

Comments (3)