Return to the Shrubs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Transplanted Indian Hawthorne

Posted by bdavis8090 8 MS Coast (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 16, 09 at 16:16

A friend is re-landscaping her yard and dug up 10 fairly large Indian Hawthorne that she was going to through away. I asked for them and planted them along a fence that gives partial to full shade starting about 2:00 in the afternoon. I planted them about 5 days ago in good soil and have been watering them faithfully almost everday dependingon the moisture in the soil. The newest growth is a little droopy and some of the lower, older leaves are starting to turn brown. Is there any hope for survival for these? What else do I need to do to give them the best chance of making it? Fortunately it is not hot right now but the heat will be here soon. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.
BevD

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Transplanted Indian Hawthorne

• Posted by bboy z8 WA USA (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 16, 09 at 17:02

Keep watering.

Note that it's hawthorn and not hawthorne. Indian hawthorn for the shrub, Nathaniel Hawthorne for the man.

o

Thanks for the info. Hehe, sorry for the misspelling. :)
BevD

o

• Posted by bboy z8 WA USA (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 16, 09 at 23:49

A very common mistake. That's why I point it out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Shrubs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here