Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ilovemytrees

Will these shrubs fill out?

ilovemytrees
11 years ago

I ordered several shrubs from Forest Farm. almost all of them arrived with the main trunk, if that's what you want to call it, bent at a 45 degree angle. But what is worse, is that more than half of them, 75% of them have all their branching on one side only. They look ridiculous!

We just planted them a few days ago, and I'm still pissed. They honestly look ridiculous. I'm embarrassed to have them in my yard. We were able to plant them in the ground so that the trunks don't look bent. But there is NO hiding the one sided branching of these shrubs.

I shudder to give the name of the shrub because I know no one likes them on here, for good reason I know. But I've loved them since I was a little girl, just like my mom always did. So for many reasons I wanted some in my yard. Everyone around here has the Burning Bush, and most yards have several of them. They are adored in my area, so whether I plant a few or not will not make any difference in the grand scheme of things.

If someone could forgo voicing their disappointment in my choice of shrub, and just tell me if these shrubs are going to fill out or not, on those sides that have no branching, I would appreciate it. If they aren't then I'm yanking all of them. I can't believe Forest Farm. There was no quality control on these plants. All of them were badly potbound, so badly tangled, and it took forever to get them untangled. It was not an enjoyable experience for me, and for me, planting is all about the experience.

Could someone explain, how a shrub, any shrub, can end up with branches only on one side. How does that happen! And how did their main trunk end up at 45 degree angles?

Comment (1)